Outline for a sermon preached on May 5, 2019, as part of the “Spring Training” series entitled “True Masculinity.”
- The majority of mammal species are dimorphic.
- Men and women are different.
- Different does not mean inferior.
- Masculinity is the qualities or attributes regarded as characteristic of men.
- Toxic masculinity.
- The cure to toxic masculinity is not no masculinity.
- Be true to yourself (1 Kings 2:2).
- At the end of the day, you make the final decision.
- True men do not blame others or make excuses for themselves.
- Be true to your God (1 Kings 2:3).
- You came from God. You will return to God.
- Make God the priority of your life.
- Be true to your family (1 Kings 2:4).
- Our society is being devastated by fatherless homes.
- Blood is thicker than water.
- Be true to your enemies (1 Kings 2:5-6).
- Understand now that everyone will not like you.
- If you never have enemies, you never did anything.
- Be true to your friends (1 Kings 2:7).
- Friends can become family for those who have none.
- Proverbs 18:24.