Outline for message preached on April 10, 2016 entitled, “Influence.”
- God created family so we do not have to do life alone.
- The Church is God’s family for those without one.
- Ladies first.
- Woman without her man is nothing.
- Scriptures the extremist use in gender debate.
- 1 Timothy 2:12.
- Galatians 3:28.
- Most Christians find it difficult to be honest with the text.
- What does the Bible teach about women?
- Wisdom in Proverbs is feminine.
- The first to witness of the resurrection were women.
- Paul teaches in marriage the woman controls the body of the man.
- Phoebe is a deacon in the church at Rome.
- The Bible is filled with women prophets.
- God gave the writ of divorcement for the protection of women.
- God gave property right to the daughters of Zelophehad in Numbers 27.
- God reserves the right to do what He wants.
- There seems to have been equality in creation.
- After the fall, the different roles appear.
- Through Christ there attempts to be a return to creation order in many aspects.
- When God wants change, He uses the power of the second position.