Outline for a sermon preached on March 3, 2019, entitled “T-Ruth” as part of the series “Ruth-Less Christianity.”
- We need some old time lessons.
- This book teaches that God is still at work.
- This book teaches that you do not have to follow the trend.
- This book teaches that faith survives.
- This book teaches that God is concerned with our everyday life.
- Loyalty is the main theme of Ruth.
- Loyal servants bring Jesus to the world (Ruth 4:18-22).
- Difficulties are a part of life (Ruth 1:1-5).
- Failures do not preclude you being used by God.
- Setbacks do not mean that God is absent.
- Change of location does not mean change of situation.
- Difficulties do not last (Ruth 1:6).
- Genesis 8:22.
- The sun will rise again.
- Voices will tell us to not remain faithful (Ruth 1:7-13).
- What will you do? (Ruth 1:14).
- Love will tell you to remain loyal (Ruth 1:15-18).
- Ruth was loyal to her earthly family.
- Ruth was loyal to her heavenly Father.
- God is not finished with your story (Ruth 1:19-22).