Outline of a sermon preached July 2, 2017, entitled “Living in the Capital.”
- The capital is placed to make it accessible to most citizens.
- The Capital of God’s Kingdom is wherever the work is being done.
- God wants us to be a church which has future.
- God is not in the past (Matthew 22:32).
- Lessons from the playground.
- We want a heart that never stops! (Acts 13:22)
- God is always in Revival mode! (Acts 10)
- God moves to where people are moving.
- Text: Acts 11:18-26.
- Golf applause is not appropriate in the church.
- We mentally consent but do not missionally cooperate.
- God will not attend a sleeping church!
- Main street!
- Two kinds of people at the party:
- God wants to be in the middle of the action!
- Our motivation is to put ourselves in the place to have the greatest potential to reach the most people for Jesus Christ (Proverbs 1:20-22).
- Give God something new with which to work.
- God is not going to waste His Wine.
- Pray about Volunteer Sundays!