Outline for sermon preached on January 27, 2019 as part of the “Happy New You!” series entitle “New Now.”
- Not all memories are good.
- Resolutions are actually Re-Solutions.
- Romans 7:18.
- The STRUGGLE with better is between knowing and doing.
- TEXT: 2 Corinthians 5:17.
- The SOLUTION is to be “In Christ.”
- We have the new now (Ephesians 4:24).
- In Christ means we must have a genuine relationship with Jesus.
- What is the change that happens when I get in Christ? (2 Corinthians 1:10)
- Positional change. This is Justification.
- Progressive change. This is Sanctification.
- Permanent change. This is Glorification.
- How do we get in Christ? (John 1:12-13)
- We do not get in Christ by our heritage.
- We do not get in Christ by personal desire.
- We do not get in Christ by man-made religions.
- We do not get in Christ by our works.
- Ephesians 2:8.
- We get in Christ by grace.
- We get in Christ through faith.
- When can we get in Christ?
- Today (2 Corinthians 6:2).