Outline for sermon preached on November 27, 2016 entitled “Walk by Faith.”
- We now walk from “IN” to “BY.”
- Faith provides our steps where the others guide our steps.
- Abraham is called the father of the faithful.
- TEXT: Hebrews 11:8-9, 17-19.
- To have faith you must believe.
- To have faith you must act.
- Faith is trusting.
- Faith is trusting God’s Word – 11:8a.
- You must know what God said to believe what He says.
- You need selective hearing.
- Faith is trusting God’s Ways – 11.8b.
- God’s ways are above our ways.
- God can bring good out of bad.
- God can bring success out of failure.
- Faith is trusting God’s Will – 11.9a
- Promise means you do not have it yet.
- Faith is trusting God’s World – 11.9b
- Wherever He has me now is my home.
- Faith is trusting God’s Workers – 11.9c
- God will bring the people I need into my life when I need them.
- Faith is trusting God’s Wants – 11.17-18
- When God asks you for something, it is to give you something better.
- Faith is trusting God’s Wonders – 11.19.
- Faith is trusting God always has options.
- Faith is jumping in.